Best exercises for the elderly and recommended exercises for each decade
As the years pass and the body ages, many psychological and physical changes occur. Movement and exercise are recommended in every period of life, but some sports and exercises have a greater impact at a particular age.
Here are the best exercises for each decade of your life:
- Children: Children are almost always moving, they exercise through play. Encourage them to move if they are inert.
- Teenagers: For this difficult period, team sports are recommended because they develop the body, but also social relationships and skills.
- 20s: You are young and full of energy, so cardio exercises (e.g. tennis, aerobics, running, football, volleyball) suit you best. The body remembers, so you will enjoy the benefits even in the next decade.
- 30s: We know you don't really have time to exercise, but you have a handful of apps on offer that allow you to do a perfect workout at home in just 20 minutes.
- 40s: Interest in exercise and appearance is most often lost at this age. But force yourself to exercise in order to prevent or at least delay the onset of diseases such as osteoporosis, arthritis, etc. Experts recommend running.
- 50s: Light, low- impact activities such as swimming and cycling are advised. In addition to contributing to your health, you will feel fit, look great, and if necessary, lose extra pounds.
- 60s and older: Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can prevent or delay many health problems that occur with age. It also helps your muscles grow stronger so you can keep doing your day-to-day activities without becoming dependent on others. Moderate-intensity cardiovascular activity such as brisk walking is recommended at least 3 days a week.
IMPORTANT: If chronic conditions affect your ability to meet these recommendations, be physically active as much as your abilities and condition allow. If you are unable to exercise and move (or if you have a loved one in such a situation) for any reason, we recommend you get the MotionCiser - professional foot massager combining a unique continuous motion with high-speed oscillations and thermo heat therapy, providing instant relief in your feet and legs, up to your hips. It is developed to reduce swelling, sooth pain, revitalize your feet and legs and improve blood circulation, all while providing a comfortable massage whenever and wherever you want. 3 in 1: heat therapy, walking simulation and vibration technology in one device!